We know that we can play poker at home as well as in a casino. The casino rules are defined and consistent. However, we can change the poker house rules according to our convenience.
Every house has its own rules of poker. The best thing is we can make them as per our own choice. But, there are certain things that we should keep in mind before making the rules.
Following are the things to consider in a poker house game:
- The first and most important thing is all the rules must be clear to all the players.
- There should not be any ambiguity in the regulations.
- Poker house rules must be unique and easy to understand.
- All the rules must be in the written form and placed by side while playing the game.
- Every player should follow all the commands.
- If any player has an issue, he should discuss it before the actual game starts.
Here I am going to give you a list of poker house rules. You can choose from them as well as you can create your own rules too.
- No eating should be allowed during the game.
- Avoid spilling. The player will be ban from drinking who will spill.
- Do not use abusive language.
- Have respect for other players.
- No smoking should be allowed.
- Keep your cards on the table.
- Do not break the rules. Otherwise, the house can remove the player who will break the rules.
- Do not touch other’s chips in any circumstance.
- In case of any confusion, the house will have the final verdict.
- If any player cheats, he will be immediately removed from the game.
- Do not irritate others.
- Do not turn the cards.
- Play the game in a clockwise direction.
- Every player should be punctual.
- Illegal things are not allowed.
Exclusions in Poker Home Game
- Balance the poker tables
When you run a poker game at home, there could be a possibility that one table will lose two players and the other table is still full.
So what should you do in this case?
Try to balance the players. Move one player from the table that is complete.
- Players cannot cash out their chips.
There is a possibility that one player will win the big pot at an early stage. If he wants to place some of his amounts aside, he should refrain from doing this. Another player will lose the chance to win.
- Players cannot sell their chips.
It is considered wrong. The players will be buying the chips that other players have lost.
- Reshuffle the cards if exposed.
One of the common mistakes in poker home games is that the cards can be exposed by the dealer while distributing cards among players. In this case, the dealer must reshuffle all the cards.